Obamacare Insurance Enrollment in Melbourne, FL
Every Melbourne, FL resident needs to have proper health insurance for several reasons. First, it protects you and your family from expensive, unexpected medical costs. Two, you can receive any medical help on time, especially if you’re diagnosed with a terminal or chronic illness. Last, health insurance provides peace of mind. Unfortunately, many people in Melbourne, FL, struggle to find affordable health insurance, and many still don’t know about the low-cost Obamacare.
Is Health Insurance Mandatory in Florida?
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Coverages limited to specific conditions
- Workers’ compensation
- Plans offering discounted medical services
Help With Obamacare Enrollment
Would I Qualify for Obamacare?
- What you pay for your Obamacare plan depends heavily on four things.
The amount of coverage you need: Obamacare insurance plans come in four levels — Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. The Platinum level covers approximately 90% of healthcare costs, while the Bronze plan covers about 60% of your healthcare costs. Bronze is the cheapest, while Platinum costs the highest in monthly premiums.
- Whether you’re eligible for a subsidy: Depending on your family size and income, you can reduce the costs of Obamacare by getting lower monthly premiums, reducing out-of-pocket expenses, and obtaining coverage under Medicaid.
- Your age: Obamacare health plans are for people of all ages, but the cost will vary based on the applicant’s age. Generally, the older you’re, the higher your premiums as you’re likely to develop severe health conditions when you age.
- Whether you smoke: Obamacare allows health insurance companies to charge you as high as 50% more in monthly premiums if you smoke.