Humana Insurance Review
Largest Private Insurance
Humana is one of the largest private insurance providers that offer Medicare Advantage Plus coverage. It also covers the Medicare Part D prescription drugs plan. The Humana Obamacare plan is available across all states. Yet, you must understand a few aspects of this plan before embracing it. Here is a comprehensive Humana insurance review to consider.
- HMO Plan: The Humana Medicare Advantage HMO plan requires a referral from your primary care provider to consult specialists. You can also switch primary care providers when unsatisfied. This plan entails the original Medicare benefits and prescription drug coverage.
- Private Fee-for-Service Plan: This plan requires no primary care provider’s instructions to see a specialist. Instead, Humana has an established network of providers that can offer excellent care when necessary.
- PPO Plans: PPOs allow you to visit any Medicare-approved care provider without necessarily having a referral. The specialist does not necessarily need to be in the Humana network. However, opting for an in-network professional guarantees lower costs in the long run.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance: Also referred to it as Medigap, this covers a few of the costs that the original Medicare does not, including coinsurance, copayments, and deductibles. You’ll choose from the eight available standardized plans.
- Stand-Alone Prescription Drug Plans: This plan covers the medications that fall into the Medicare coverage gap. However, you do not get additional insurance benefits.
Humana Group Insurance
Suppose you run a business and want to cover the health of your employees. In that case, Humana group health insurance cover would be an excellent choice. This option helps protect businesses with no more than 50 employees. As an employer, you’ll choose from the various available policies to guarantee the health of your workers.
Visual and Dental Health Covers
Humana offers three tiers of dental health coverage. The available choices are Dental Savings Plus, Preventive Value, and Dental Preventive Plus. The main difference between these plans is that some are reserved for specific providers within the network. On the other hand, the vision health cover entails one plan: Vision Focus Plan, which you can purchase from the official Humana website.